I wish to offer my services to the Diocese of Clifton in the ministry of foundation governor/director.
If I am appointed as a foundation governor/director I will undertake to seek to:
* preserve and develop the Catholic character of the school(s)/college(s) to which I am appointed
* ensure the school is conducted in accordance with its By Laws and/or Articles of Association, which includes the provisions of:
a) Canon law
b) The Curriculum Directory and Bishops’ statements on religious education and
c) Any Bishop/Diocesan directives relating to schools/colleges
* govern the school in accordance with its Instrument of Government/By Laws/Articles of Association, as appropriate, and in particular its ethos statement
* become familiar with, support and implement the policies and procedures of the diocese, including the Bishop’s policies on education, including religious education, and to present those policies to the governing body
* consider not only the interest of the individual school, but the interests of other Catholic schools and colleges and of Catholic education throughout the diocese
* respond to the needs of the Catholic community as a whole as represented by the Bishop
* attend the Diocesan training on appointment and any other relevant training required to support me in my role as a foundation governor
* in all actions serve as a witness to the Catholic faith.
I give my consent, in accordance with the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, for the information contained in this form to be processed and stored for the purposes of recruitment.
I agree to tender my resignation as a foundation governor/director if my circumstances change so as to contravene the diocesan expectations at any time during the tenure of office or if, in the opinion of the Bishop, my resignation would be in the best interests of Catholic education in the diocese.
I understand that I may not start my appointment until the Bishop has received confirmation of a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service certificate and that a check will be required as part of the recruitment process. Details of the Disclosure will be recorded and retained indefinitely on the National CSAS Confidential Database.
I understand that the appointment of foundation governors/director is at the absolute discretion of the Diocesan Bishop. Because of the nature of the decision-making process, Bishop Declan is unable to engage in any discussion or correspondence with the applicant or any other person(s) including Parish Priests and schools, where the application does not result in appointment.