I wish to offer my services to the Diocese of Clifton in the ministry of MAT foundation director.
If I am appointed as a foundation director I will undertake to seek to:
* preserve and develop the Catholic character of the MAT to which I am appointed and the school(s)/college(s) within it
* ensure the MAT is conducted in accordance with its Trust Deed and/or Articles of Association, which includes the provisions of:
a) Canon law
b) The Curriculum Directory and Bishops’ statements on religious education and
c) Any Bishop/Diocesan directives relating to schools/colleges
* become familiar with, support and implement the policies and procedures of the diocese, including the Bishop’s policies on education, including religious education, and to present those policies to the governing body
* consider not only the interest of the individual MAT, but the interests of other Catholic schools and colleges and of Catholic education throughout the diocese
* respond to the needs of the Catholic community as a whole as represented by the Bishop
* attend the Diocesan induction training on appointment and re-appointment and any other relevant training required to support me in my role as a MAT foundation director
* in all actions serve as a witness to the Catholic faith.
I give my consent, in accordance with the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, for the information contained in this form to be processed and stored for the purposes of recruitment.
I agree to tender my resignation as a MAT foundation director if my circumstances change so as to contravene the diocesan expectations at any time during the tenure of office or if, in the opinion of the Bishop, my resignation would be in the best interests of Catholic education in the diocese.
Details of the Disclosure will be recorded and retained indefinitely on the National CSAS Confidential Database.
I understand that I may not start my appointment until the Bishop has received confirmation of a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service certificate and Section 128 clearance and that these checks will be required as part of the recruitment process. Details of the Disclosure will be recorded and retained indefinitely on the National CSAS Confidential Database.
I understand that the appointment of MAT foundation director is at the absolute discretion of the Diocesan Bishop. Because of the nature of the decision-making process, Bishop Declan is unable to engage in any discussion or correspondence with the applicant or any other person(s) including Parish Priests and schools, where the application does not result in appointment.